Wow, November is half over! The holidays will be here before we know which means it’s time for one of the scrapbooking projects I most look forward to every year: December Daily.
For those new to the December Daily concept, December Daily is a scrapbooking album project made popular by the lovely and talented Ali Edwards so I’ll let her tell you about it in her own words:
December Daily is an album project that documents the 25 days leading up to Christmas. Many people start their documentation earlier and many people go longer.
One of the keys to success in this project is getting an album structure set-up in advance of December so that during December you can enjoy the season & enjoy the process of documenting your days without having to be putting the entire thing together at the same time. It is not meant to be stressful. It is meant to be a way to creatively celebrate the season and document you special holiday memories in one album.
For my December Daily album last year, I created a 7×9 mixed-size paper mini book and I have to say I LOVED it.
Of all the scrapbooking projects and layouts I completed in 2010, this little album is the one that I haven’t been able to stop thinking about.
There is just something magical about putting together the foundation of the album ahead of time and then seeing it fill up with memories over the course of the holiday season.
Since last Christmas, I’ve been thinking a lot about my December Daily album, what I loved and what I didn’t and this is the list I came up with:
What I Loved About December Daily:
- Collecting memorabilia – LOVED picking up bits & pieces of life throughout the season knowing I already had a home for them
- Mini Album- Loved the mini album size and I especially loved being able to flip through the pages everyday. An 8×8 all digital album is definitely not for me.
- Photos – Loved printing photos at home to include in my album right away
What I Didn’t Love About December Daily:
- The Daily-ness – As much as I love the concept, I’ve realized that a page a day is WAY too much work for me. I want to be able to skip a day and not feel guilty or even close the album on the 26th and call it done.
- Mixed Sized Pages – While I love the look of the pages showing behind each other, the mishmash of sizes made it too complicated to put together each day.
- The Cost – Paper supplies expensive. Plus it made me a little sad to see all the beautiful digi kits out there and not have a reason to use them.
- Not As Travel Friendly – Last year we stayed home for Christmas so it was fine but this year we’ll be traveling which means I need an album I can easily take with me on the go.
So with all these points in mind, I’ve come up with new plan for a not-so-daily December Daily album which is much more me. A 5×7 hybrid mini album complete with foundation pages which I’ll print and then fill up with goodness over the Holiday season. And I have to admit, I may have done a happy dance or two in excitement over it. Maybe.
And what’s even more exciting, you can create your own not-so-daily December Daily mini album right along with me thanks to the new release that’s up in the NettioDesigns Shoppe today!
That’s right, I’m taking my Faves on a Holiday spin, 5×7 hybrid mini album-style with my first ever set of mini-album digital scrapbooking templates. I am a HUGE fan of mini albums so I can’t even tell you how excited I am about this. Seriously, lots of oh-so-excited happy dances are going on over here, haha.
You can read about all the details of the Holiday Faves 5×7 Mini Album Templates in the NettioDesigns Shoppe but here are a few specific things I want to point out:
- The mini album templates are 5×7 inches which for me is the perfect balance of size and at-home printability since you can print 2 5×7 pages on a single 8.5×11 pages. Woohoo for saving trees!
- I designed the templates to be a starting point for building your Holiday album foundations pages so I kept the design simple so you can dress them up or down depending on your personal style. The goal is to let your photos, memorabilia and memories take center stage.
- I will be going with a Holiday Faves theme for my album with my plan being to document my top ten favorite things from this Holiday season (with the backup plan being if I only get to say, 5, it’ll be ok). But if you’re not a Faves fiend like I am, haha, I also included a “Holiday Memories” cover and journaling option as well as a list of the fonts I used so you can customize your own.
Starting Thursday here on the NettioDesigns Blog, I will be sharing more details on how I’m personally using these templates to create the foundation for my own Holiday Faves album and of course throughout December I’ll be showing how it all comes together as well. It’s going to be fun!
The Holiday Faves 5×7 Mini Album Templates are up in NettioDesigns Shoppe now and are 20% off through Thursday, November 17th, no coupon needed, so now’s a great time to get yourself ready to scrap your little holiday heart out.
I’m know I’m really excited about this project so I hope you’ll join along in the fun with me!