1+1=3

nettio_ComingJune2014

I’m pretty sure today’s announcement should win me the award for Best Secret Keeper Ever considering I’ve been holding this in since OCTOBER. Oh my gosh, you guys have no idea how hard it’s been!

But the stars have finally aligned which means I can finally share that Adam & I are expecting a baby BOY in June!

Well, June 16th to be exact. So far after two ultrasounds lil’ Jack Jackman* is measuring dead-on to the day for my due date, but whether that’ll continue to hold, we shall see. My doctor has assured us she won’t let me go longer than a week late which means for sure he’ll be here no later than June 23rd.

To say we’re excited would be an understatement. This has been a long journey for us, one that by the time the little guy arrives in June will be 4 years to the month from when Adam returned from Afghanistan and we decided to give this whole starting a family thing a try. But that’s a story for a different day…

Today I just want to celebrate that I now have a reason to buy beyond adorable things like this…

nettio_cutestdino

Is it just me or are baby boy clothes infinitely more adorable than baby girl clothes? Maybe it’s because I’m not much of a pink-purple-yellow girly kind of girl?

But seriously, I’d been so proud of myself for not caving into the cuteness so far, but then yesterday when we were cruising Target for the pair of tiny-shoes-he-will-never-wear seen in the photo above, I saw this, which I’m pretty sure is the most adorable baby outfit ever. Considering my love for jackets, the color green & dinosaurs as a child (I had stuffed dinosaurs, dinosaur sheets and was convinced I wanted to be a paleontologist at the age of 5), I just couldn’t resist.

Although, as I took it out of the bag at home and laid it down on a chair in our bedroom, I realized, “woah, there’s going to be a tiny person IN this outfit at some point,” which was a totally awesome and terrifying thought all at the same time. Pretty sure that’s normal though.

All I know is, while it’s been a wild ride to get to this point, we are so ready for this next adventure.

And if you’re wondering if this had anything to do with my decision to step down as a designer at Sweet Shoppe Designs, most definitely yes, but I’ll share those details in another post soon.

*No Jack Jackman will not be his real name. We honestly have no idea about names at this point. But yes, Adam is terrified that after all my joking, in my post-birth haze, I’ll blurt out “Jack Jackman” as his name and the little guy will officially be saddled with the most awesome name in the history of all names

Comments

1. Natalie says

I’ve been dying to see if this announcement was coming!!! I’m so excited it’s a boy too! I LOVE Target clothes and it is my go-to place to grab them. I’m so thrilled for you!!!

2. Natalie says

Oh I also wanted to say that I think it’s awesome that he is measuring exactly how big he should be according to your due date! Mine is a whole TWO WEEKS ahead of schedule!!!

3. Tamar says

Congratulations! Little boys are fantastic! I have two! A son’s love for his mother is amazing and sweet and will make you melt daily. :) And while I’m glad that after two boys I can finally buy girl clothes, I agree that little boy clothes are adorable!!!

4. Cerise says

Congrats! That’s so exciting! My third boy is due in May. Boys are SO SO much fun.
    Love the adorable outfit. I don’t generally like the selection over the girls stuff, but it’s fun to treasure hunt for the extra cute stuff.

5. Lydia says

I’m so super excited for you Lynnette! And, I think you’re right that Jack Jackman is the most awesome name in the history of names . . . go for it! Haha. Big hugs and continued healthy pregnancy vibes! <3

6. rebecca (mamabee) says

I’m so excited for you!!! Congrats… and I totally agree… Baby boy clothes are the cutest! I agree, Jack Jackman… awesome name! Good luck and hope everything continues smoothly!

7. aly321 says

Yay! I totally knew! I am so so so beyond excited for you. Such a cause for MAJOR celebration after 4 long years! :) Can’t wait to meet him! You are going to be an AWESOME Mom!! Hurray for new babies!! ♥

8. Leontine says

Hi Lynette,
    Congratulations on your pregnancy. I already miss you at SSD. But boys are so much fun. Roan is almost 1,5 years and I enjoy each and every moment.
    Hugs
    Leontine

9. Rhadonda says

I believe that children are a gift from God given in His perfect way and timing!! Great announcement. May these next few months be filled with lots of joy. What a wonderful time of life!! Congratulations

10. Sandy_in_MD says

Such happy news! Congratulations to you both (or should that be all 3 of you?!!).

That outfit is adorable. [Not to be an enabler, but Zulily.com has an awesome array of duds for little guys - you'll have to look there sometime. ]

11. Jenn says

I’m so, so excited for you! I know you’ve been trying for so long and I couldn’t be happier for you and Adam. xoxo

12. Lea says

This is so fun! I had absolutely no idea that this could be the reason why you left designing. Congratulations! I’m so happy for you!

13. Calvina says

Big CONGRATULATIONS! When can we expect your new scrapbook layouts entitled ” My 5 Faves about expecting a Baby Boy”? LOL All the best.

14. Sherly says

Hold the horses!!! That is an amazing news!! I wasn’t expecting that at all!! Congratulations you two!! Those outfits and little shoes are so cute! Baby boy is awesome!! Yay!
    Congrats again to both of you! I’m so excited for you!

15. Dani B says

Congratulations! In a couple months you’re going to have to change your info section so it doesn’t say ‘child-free!’ :)

16. says

Yay! I wondered if that’s what was going on and I’m SO happy that it is! My husband and I are due three weeks from today with our first after over 3 years of trying and it is so surreal, but SO amazing! Congratulations to you and Adam!!

17. Kay Miller says

What exciting news!! I am so happy for you and your little family! Congratulations!! I love the picture of the little tiny shoes that he will never wear! So adorable!!

18. says

This is such great news!!!!! I remember the days of “trying” to grow our family. I still have never forgotten any detail from the days’ each of my children were born. It’s just one of those things you can’t even try to describe with words. I can’t wait to see your baby boy in that cute little outfit! I miss shopping for baby stuff. My son is 22 and can shop for himself and my daughter is 16 and shops for herself, but of course needs mom or dad’s credit card! ha!! Time sure does fly, but everyday of parenthood is profoundly full of purpose and it is my best accomplishment to this day!!! It will forever be my best accomplishment, even though I am not a perfect parent.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. Michelle says

So excited for you!!! And I have a 2-year-old little guy and baby boy clothes are so much fun to shop for. But I’ve never liked pinks and purples so that may be why I love baby boy clothes sooo much! Congratulations!!!

20. Heather K says

Congratulations!!! We’ll miss you in the realm of child-free scrapbooking, but I am sure that little “Jack” will bring a whole new world of fun with him. Wishing you the best in you pregnancy and beyond!

21. mskinsey says

The photo with the tiny shoes totally caught my eye! How could it not? Do they really make sneakers that small? I raised two boys myself and loved every bit of it. I’m sure you will too. Many congratulations to you both!!!