Hi, I’m Lynnette Penacho-Jackman. Tech-lovin’ memory keeper and hard-core advocate for telling your personal story.
In 2009 I reached a point with my scrapbooking where I was ready for something new. A new challenge. A new idea. I loved the layouts I’d created but I felt like my albums lacked a cohesive story and at times, they didn’t feel like me.
So I decided to try something new: one layout a month featuring a list of my top ten favorite things from that month.
The rules were simple:
- My list had to include exactly ten items – no more, no less.
- Journaling had to be in list form but numbers were optional.
- The layout title had to include the month followed by the word FAVES.
- Each layout had to include a NEW self-portrait taken during that specific month.
After the first January Faves layout, I was hooked. I loved how it captured a mini time capsule of my life right then. I loved that the design and colors felt like me.
But most of all I loved how easy it was to put together. As someone who tended to stress about every word of journaling she wrote like she was being graded on an English essay, a top ten list of my favorite things was the easiest journaling I’d ever done.
I repeated the project in 2011 and again in 2013, each time following the same rules but pushing myself to think outside of my own box with the design.
Thirty-five layouts later, my Monthly Faves layouts have become hands-down some of my most favorite layouts ever. They added exactly what my scrapbooking albums needed: a consistent story, a snapshot of my life and a healthy dose of creative design.
What’s more, the Faves reminded me time and time again that telling your personal story doesn’t have to be hard.
What if instead of racking your brain for a new idea each time you scrapbooked yourself, you:
- knew exactly what you were going to say
- looked forwarded to getting in front of the camera
- were free to focus on the creative side of scrapbooking because you knew the end result would be awesome
On the 25th of every month you’ll receive an exclusive Monthly Faves-themed 12×12-inch digital scrapbooking template designed for you to capture your top ten favorite things from that month. Simply add your own photo, text and digital goodies and by the end of 2015, you’ll have twelve completed layouts capturing a snapshot of your life right now.
- Because a top ten list is one of the easiest forms of journaling you can do. For real.
- Because a list of your personal faves will say more about you than a travel/event/birthday layout ever will.
- Because you don’t remember nearly as much stuff as you think you will. Seriously, I look back at the layouts and am constantly reminded in an “oh YEAH!” kind of way.
- Because scrapbooking with friends is always more fun.
- Because it’s an awesome way to make sure YOU are featured in your scrapbooks too.
As a member of 2015 Monthly Faves Project you’ll receive:
- An exclusive Monthly Faves-themed 12×12-inch digital scrapbooking template delivered to you on the 25th of every month
- A monthly email from me with tips & inspiration to keep you motivated all year long
- Access to a private customer-only Facebook community where you can share your work and connect with me and other kick-ass scrapbookers
- Access to all past 2015 Monthly Faves templates no matter when you sign up
Who is The Faves Project: 2015 Monthly Faves for?
The 2015 Monthly Faves is for any tech-lovin’ memory keeper who’d like to kickstart their creativity, get more of their story in their albums and have a fun time doing it. If you’re in need of a new creative challenge, want to get more of YOU in your scrapbooks or just feel like you’re unsure what to scrap about, I’m confident The Faves Project will be a great fit.
Are the digital scrapbooking templates in the 2015 Monthly Faves all new?
Yes! All 12 templates will be new, never before released templates based off my own 2015 Monthly Faves layouts.
Do I need to be a digital scrapbooker to participate in 2015 Monthly Faves?
Because the 2015 Monthly Faves includes digital scrapbooking templates, you’ll get the most out of it if you are open to digital scrapbooking. But new digital scrapbookers are always welcome!
I’m new to digital scrapbooking, can I still sign up?
Absolutely! The Monthly Faves are a great first project if you’re interested in giving digital scrapbooking a try. I’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you might have along the way.
What digital skills do I need to know to participate?
A basic understanding of Photoshop layers and clipping masks will help but is not required. I’ll be more than happy to answer any questions you may have if you’re new to digital scrapbooking.
What software do I need to use the templates?
You’ll need a program that can handle and manipulate a layered Photoshop (.PSD) or TIFF (.TIF) file.
Does it matter if I use a Mac or a PC?
Nope! All tech-lovin’ memory keepers are welcome. I’m a Mac user with a strong PC background if it helps.
Will you consider offering your templates in (insert your chosen format) as well?
In order to keep things simple, I will only be offering the 2015 Monthly Faves templates in Photoshop (.PSD) & TIFF (.TIF) format.
Do the 2015 Monthly Faves templates include any drop shadowing?
Yes, all of the templates include basic drop shadowing and layer styling which can be easily customized or removed.
What size on the Monthly Faves templates?
Every Monthly Faves template is 12×12 inches.
How are payments handled?
Payment is securely processed via PayPal and can be made using your PayPal balance or credit card.
What happens after I sign up?
After you’ve signed up for The Faves Project: 2015 Monthly Faves, you’ll receive three emails: one with a receipt, one with links to your first template download and a third email from me with details on how to access the private Facebook group and your January inspiration.
How many templates will I receive?
Over the course of 2015, you’ll receive twelve 12×12-inch digital scrapbooking templates, one template per month.
When will new templates be released?
New templates will be sent out on the 25th of every month.
Can I sign up at any time?
Yes! When you sign up you’ll receive instant access to that current month’s template as well as any previously released templates you may have missed. New templates will be released on the 25th of the month.
Help! I signed up but never received an email with my downloads!
First step, check your spam folder and behind the Gmail Promotions or Updates tab if you’re a Gmail Tabs user, as occasionally overzealous spam filters will flag the links in the download email. If after a few hours, you still haven’t received your download link, contact me and I’ll be happy to get it sorted for you.
Other questions? Send me an email.