Woohoo to the hoo, it’s time for the Monthly Faves: 2013 Edition!
I’ve come to the conclusion that my Monthly Faves layouts are an every-other-year project for me. I first did them in 2009, then again in 2011 and here I am hopping on the Faves train once more in 2013. It seems to be just the right amount of time for me to get excited creatively about the project again while not being so far apart that you can’t see connections between the faves on the layouts.
For those new to the Faves, my Monthly Faves project is a year-long scrapbooking layout project where each month you scrapbook one layout documenting your top ten favorite things from that month.
To give you an idea, here’s a look at all my Faves layouts from 2009 & 2011:
(And yes, I missed one in Dec 2009, not sure how that happened! But one miss in 24 layouts, not too shabby I’d say.)
I’ve written before about why I believe everyone should scrap a faves layout but for those of you new to Nettio Designs, here’s a cliff notes version:
- Because it’s the easiest All About Me page journaling you’ll ever do.
- Because designing scrapbooking layouts based around lists is FUN.
- Because it captures an easy snapshot of your life at that moment. Plus it’s fun to look back at all the layouts and see what’s changed/stayed the same.
- Because you don’t remember nearly as much stuff as you think you will. Seriously, I look back at the layouts and am constantly reminded in an “oh YEAH!” kind of way.
The rules for my Monthly Faves layouts are simple:
- One layout each month documenting a list of my top 10 favorite things from that month
- Only 10 faves can make the list – no more, no less
- A recent self-portrait of me (I try to take a new one each month, but occasionally I recycle if life is really busy)
Here’s a look at my first Monthly Faves layout of 2013, the 2013 January Faves:
Easy right? Well for those of you looking to play along with me this year, I’ll be making it even easier for you as this year I will be releasing my Monthly Faves as a single templates on the Saturday before the last week of every month to give you plenty of time to scrap your own Faves layout. This Saturday I’ll be releasing the January Faves 2013 Single at Sweet Shoppe Designs so keep an eye out for that.
Woohoo to the Faves! Anyone else done a Monthly Faves project before? Anyone want to play along with me this year? I’ll be doing it either way but it’s so much more fun with friends.
Looking for more Faves fun? Check out these posts:
You can also find all my Faves-related posts here.